Inside T&H: Becoming Our Client
At T&H Realty, we strive to be totally transparent with our Clients and prospective Clients.
One of our core values is “Always Educating and Advising.”
Generally, this starts well before we even speak to potential Clients.
As you may know, our website is LOADED with information… from our detailed pricing breakdown, as well as other informative, insightful content.
In an effort to further facilitate this mission, we have decided to produce a series of blogs detailing the inner workings of our company. You can expect to see topics on everything from how we handle move-ins and security deposits, to how we handle evictions and turnover work.
We want our current Clients to have a firm understanding of our processes, and prospective Clients to know what we’re all about even before signing with us.
So, let’s start at the beginning… “Becoming our Client.”
PROPERTIES WE MANAGE
It all starts here.
We realize that Indianapolis rental properties come in all shapes and sizes.
We also realize that in order to provide our Clients with the best possible service, we can’t manage them all.
If you’re interested in the possibility of us managing your portfolio, or helping you purchase properties, there are a few things you need to know upfront:
- We typically only take on properties that will command around $1,000 or more in monthly rent. We will, however, go lower than that depending on condition and location. Our absolute bottom line is $750/month.
- We only manage homes within a 25-30 mile radius of our office located at 760 E 52nd St. Indianapolis, IN, 46205.
- We only manage Single family homes and Multi-Family properties up to 16 units.
For those of you who speak the vernacular, we generally manage A and B grade properties.
CLIENTS WE CONSIDER “GOOD FITS”
Like properties, we are not good fits for all Client types, either.
While this list isn’t all encompassing, we may not be a good fit for you if:
You aren’t committed to treating your rental home like a small business – Yes, you are entering into a small business when you decide to become a Landlord. You will receive income in the form of rents and you will have expenses; and sometimes, those expenses will exceed your income. That’s reality.
You will also have customers (Tenants) who need to be treated as such – not like someone who you view as only there to cost you money. If you want high-quality, high-performing customers, you must provide a high-quality, high-performing home.
You want to manage your Property Manager – We value your input and want it. We want to understand your pain points so we can address them and we want to understand your investment goals so we can help you meet them. However, you hired us for a reason.
We are EXPERTS as what we do. Let us do our job and we’ll all be much happier and more profitable.
You are only concerned about fees – We are NOT the cheapest solution out there. There are plenty of other Property Management Companies in Indianapolis who have fees that are less than ours.
But, if you think that hiring a highly experienced, highly effective Property Management company will ultimately make you more profitable, than we might be a good fit for you.
If, after doing your research, you feel like we’re a good fit, there are a couple of ways you can go about getting in contact with us.
Form – You can fill out one of the many forms located on various pages of our website. These inquiries go straight to our Marketing Assistant, who then alerts the correct expert to get in contact with you as soon as possible.
We can promise this: You WILL get a response. You WILL NOT get spammed.
Phone Call – If you call our office number at 317-255-7767, there is an automated recording that will begin giving you options. You can either press 6 to be taken directly to our Business Development Manager, or dial the extension 7020.
Our Business Development Manager will walk you through our entire process and answer any questions you have.
As noted above, our goal is ensure that you are very prepared to be a Landlord. We’ll meet you wherever you currently are. You may be a seasoned veteran, or you might be buying your first property.
Rest assured, we can advise you on a number of issues regarding rental real estate.
We want you to feel both prepared and confident becoming a Client of ours.
So, if you have a question, ask.
In addition, please, please, please take some time to read through our Resource Center. We promise you’ll learn something.
Drum roll, please.
Once you are fully educated and feel comfortable moving forward, we’ll send you our Property Management Agreement (PMA) to sign.
This is done electronically and you’ll find it simple.
Keep in mind that you are more than welcome to review the contract prior to signing. We highly encourage it. While our terms are straight forward, it’s important to understand exactly what is expected of both parties before sealing the deal.
Along with the PMA, we’ll send you some additional documents to review and sign. These include:
- Owner Profile Sheet – This is a simple form that provides us your basic information so we can get you set-up correctly in our system. It’s basically a glorified W-9.
- Service Agreements – We offer a variety of preventative maintenance programs that you can take advantage of. Examples include dryer vent cleaning, gutter cleaning, duct cleaning, etc. Please consult with our Business Development Manager on services that are most applicable to your home.
- HVAC Addendum – We take this seriously. We encourage everyone to sign-up for our semi-annual HVAC clean and check. By doing so, you help prevent breakdowns of your furnace and central A/C, which are not only costly, but can also cause major headaches for your Tenant. Each Spring our licensed HVAC company will service the A/C and each Fall the furnace will be serviced. During both trips, the filter will be changed as well.
- Landlord Registration – If your home is in most areas of Indianapolis, you are required to register the property with the City of Indianapolis. For a nominal fee, we can register the property and renew it each year for you.
Once all the documents are completed, we will get busy setting up both you and your property in our system.
When that’s complete, you will receive a notification from our system to set-up your Owner Portal, which gives you access to all things related to your home.
Finally, it’s time to make your escrow payment. This can be done right thru the Owner Portal from whatever bank account you’ve established.
Currently, we require all Clients to have $500 in escrow with us at all times. This money is used to pay for expenses when there are no rental funds in your account. If you have multiple properties, we will require additional escrow. If you are a multiple property owner, please ask our Business Development Manager for more details.
At this point, you are officially a Client of T&H Realty Services.
Now, the real fun starts!