Rent Assistance



Below are some resources that may be helpful in the event that you need assistance paying your rent:

For a full list of resources in your specific area, you can also call #211.

To file unemployment, please use this link:

Township Resources

Decatur Township

Perry Township

Pike Township  

Franklin Township

Warren Township

Washington Township

Wayne Township Trustee

Center Township Trustee

Lawrence Township Trustee

  • 317- 890-0011
  • *You can call to set-up an appointment or walk-in. No appointments allowed past 3PM.

  • Other agencies in the Lawrence Township area:

    • CAFE - Located at 8902 E 38th Street: 317-890-3288
    •  Mt. Carmel Baptist Church - Located at 9610 E 42nd St: 317-890-2740

Eastern Star CARE Center

  •  317-547-5483
  • Provides emergency assistance for rent, utility and food.  Also offers referrals to community partners.

Madison County


Community Action of Greater Indianapolis

St Vincent Depaul

  • 317-924-5769
Hendricks County/Washington Township: 

For the residents of Washington Township, Hendricks County. (Those who live in the Avon Community School District) the Township is ready to provide assistance. 

Please see the info below:

If you need help with your rent, utilities, or other basic necessities, we may be able to assist you. Visit the Washington Township Government Center between 9 and 3 to get application packets (inside the first set of doors) along with Energy Assistance Application packets and food pantry lists. 

If you do not have transportation you may call Sue Allen @ 317-272-1835 x 405 or email to get a packet emailed to you. If you have any questions, call us. We’re here to help.