Clearly, conserving energy in today’s economy can make a lot of “cents.”
Below are a few cost-saving tips to help you save energy.
- Adjust thermostats when space is unoccupied.
- Turn off lights when rooms are not occupied.
- Disconnect unnecessary or unused equipment.
In hotter months:
- Keep your blinds closed
- Close off unused rooms
- Fan Hack: Fill a mixing bowl with ice and position it in front of a fan
- Set your ceiling fans to rotate counter-clockwise
- Use a dehumidifier
- Set your thermostat higher so your A/C gets a break
- Don’t close off vents
- Change your air filter
- Wait until it’s cooler outside to do laundry or run the dishwasher
In colder months:
- Switch your ceiling fan’s blade rotations to push hot air down
- Weather-proof your windows
- Get selective with a space heater
- Dress warm
- Avoid using exhaust fans
- Use LED light bulbs
- Properly weather strip doors and windows