- You are required to return the property empty and in clean condition. Cleaning issues, under no circumstances, will be considered normal wear and tear. Any required cleaning charges will be deducted from your Security Deposit.
- Any trash and/or personal property must be completely removed from the premises. Trash should not be left for pick-up under any circumstances. If trash or other items are left, the cost to remove those charges will be deducted from your Security Deposit.
- All carpets must be commercially cleaned with a truck-mounted steam cleaner. Renting a cleaner or using a personal carpet cleaner is not sufficient. You may choose to have the carpets steam cleaned, but must provide a receipt showing the carpet was professionally cleaned.
- Replace all burned light bulbs
- Ensure all smoke detectors are functioning
- Clean all blinds, replace if necessary
- Remove all trash and personal items from the property
- All HVAC vents must be swept
- All baseboards must be cleaned
- Electrical outlet covers must be wiped down, replaced if broken
- Remove any cobwebs
- Leave all garage remotes and any key fobs on the kitchen counter
- Lave all keys on kitchen counter
- Clean refrigerator, shelves, and freezer. Clean underneath and behind refrigerator
- Clean cabinets, under sink, and baseboards
- Clean under burners, controls, drip pans and stove top. Wipe down front and sides of range. Exhaust fan must be clean and grease free
- Clean oven–be sure to have all traces of oven cleaner wiped free
- Scour sinks and remove all stains. Disposal should be clean and in working order
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor
- Exterior faces of cupboards should be wiped down and grease free
- Dishwasher must be clean and in good working order
- Carpets must be commercially cleaned with a truck-mounted steam cleaner. Please check with our Office for the best way to handle this. We have preferred Vendors.
- Closets vacuumed, shelves wiped down
- Toilet bowl must be scoured and cleaned with a disinfectant. The outside of the bowl, including the seat, rim, tank, and base must be clean and disinfected
- Bathtub must be scoured to remove any rings. Sides of the tub enclosure must be clean and free of any soap build-up. (Spray foam bathroom cleaner works well here)
- Sink must be scoured and faucet polished. Wipe down counter top surrounding sink and wash mirror.
- All cabinets and drawers must be emptied, dusted and wiped clean. The exterior of cabinets should also be dusted and cleaned
- Sweep and mop floor
Storage Areas, Patios, Carports, Garages:
- Patios must be clean and swept
- Storage area must be empty and swept
- Any oil stains must be removed
- Yard must be mowed immediately prior to move-out
- All shrubs should be trimmed
- Any leaves/small branches should be removed from the property
- All weeds in landscaped areas should be pulled
- Any pet waste should be removed
*** This list is for reference only and not intended to be all inclusive ***